Wednesday, June 1, 2011

3 year old boy

Today is Malachi's birthday. 
Today my baby is three.
Don't ask me how that happened.
I look at these pictures and think how it just seems like yesterday, but at the same time, I don't really remember that baby at all, that's not Malachi to me.  Malachi is this big, able thing that amazes me everyday.

We started his real birthday off with the traditional pancakes.  They're meant to be chocolate chip but I was out, so chocolate ice-cream instead. 

Photobucket

Then we went to his last Chartwell Playgroup at the library.  These have been an awesome part of our week, singing songs, reading books, doing crafts.  He loves it.  But he'll start school next week so won't be able to go any more.  We had to leave early to go for a school visit so he missed the craft, but loved it none the less.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And to finish off the day we went to the movies.  Every time we go to the mall he asks to go to the movies, and every time I tell him, no, I'll take you on your birthday. (Note to self: Malachi is an elephant and remembers EVERYTHING you tell him.).  So we went and watched Hook Winked Too.  We had the whole theatre to ourselves, which meant Vili was able to screech and sqwark to his hearts content.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And to finish it all of, Mc D's. (For him, not me. I'm doing Weightwatchers at the moment and there are waaaaaaaaaay too many points in those little delites. It was subway for me.)

Photobucket

I'm so proud to be Malachi's mummy.  He tests me and pushes me and makes me be better, because he expects and deserves so much.  I have never met a child so helpful.  As part of his daily duties (that he willingly volunteers for) he opens and closes all the curtains in the house, morning and night, cleans the toilet and basin, puts his clothes in his draws, gets himself dressed, helps daddy wash the dishes, puts his dishes away in the cupboard, tidies up all the toys, the list is endless, fetches vili's nappies and takes the dirty ones to the nappy bucket.  He is willing to do anything and everything.  I don't know what I'd do without him. 
He's so inquisitive, always wanting to know about why things do what they do, why people feel the way they do.  He remembers EVERYTHING (for example, we're driving along past the place where Uncle John's graduation ceremony was (where malachi had been in the car when Tui dropped me off), and malachi points out, "Mummy that's where Uncle John goes coz he's finished his school and we say good job to him."  Tui didn't even remember what that place was.) I don't mean to sound braggy, I hate parents that over rate their kids and you read it and think, ah, i know your kid, and that's NOT how they are.  But seriously, this kid is sm%*!t.  I just hope that I can be the kind of mother he needs, that will push and encourage and love him enough to help him be the best he can be.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Malachi, we love you more then you know.  You have changed me in ways I never knew you could, realigned my life, made things clearer and brighter.  I love every day I have with you.  You're amazing.
Happy Birthday Son. oxo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday little boy :) I could have told you he was the easiest kid around...I mean who else would last in Jade, in traffic-nonetheless, without complaining :)
Lots of kisses to him!

SiOaNa :) said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALACHI. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. BTW, YOU SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED CARD #1 BY NOW OR MAYBE REAL SOON COS IT WAS SENT LAST MONDAY. I LOVE YOU SMART BOY :)WISH I WAS HOME SO I CAN SKYPE WITH YOU.

Line said...

happy birthday malachi, you handsome boy!

sarah, you're so good to go back on weight watchers. i need to be doing something like that cause finau is 13 months and uhhhh, still carryin around baby weight!