Saturday, September 17, 2011

Whangamata

The race was in Whangamata and we made a weekend out of it.  We drove down friday afternoon and stopped on the way in Paeroa, home of L&P.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When we got to Whangamata, we could not have been happier.  We were literally, across the road from the beach, in the biggest, flashest bach I've ever been in.  It was awesome.  Before we'd even unpacked we were at the beach.  And when everyone else turned up later that day, we went back to the beach.  And the next day after the race, beach again.  And then after nap time, beach!  It was so good. Vili finally got used to the sand, and Malachi was just in his zone!

Photobucket

Vili looks pretty happy about those views!!

Photobucket

Malachi was sooooooo excited to sleep in a sleeping bag!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Vili getting used to sand.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Malachi would have dug to china if I let him.

Photobucket

We have a picture just like this from Hawaii, except with only 3 sets of footprints.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Checking out their shell collection.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So happy.

Vili spent a good amount of time covering himself in sand, and then trying to swim in it. Crazy monkey.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Babies on the beach.
Photobucket

We shared the house with my brother and his family, my SIL's parents and sister, my other brother, and his pre-missionary friend.  My sister stayed down the road.  The kids had a blast being with cousins and aunty's and uncles.  It makes me so happy to see them together.  I grew up living away from most of my cousins (there are about 20 1st cousins I have never met), and I always wished I was closer to them.  So I love that Malachi and Vili get to see one of their cousins practially every day.  It was just a really great family weekend.

2 comments:

Juliet said...

oh sarah every time i read your blog i start planning my move to nz. William even asks me when he can meet Malachi. So I'm winning the lotto tomorrow and hiring a nanny to help me fly the kids down.

jenn said...

love the pics sarah. the boys are gorgeous