Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas 2011

(I'm so behind on so many posts that I've started but they're waiting for the pictures (and at the moment I have so much photo editing to do that the thought of photos makes me feel physically ill) and so they're neglected.  But they're all coming.)

This was a really odd Christmas for me.  I think mostly because we did the celebrating the season part (crafts etc) in November, before we went to Tonga, and then we were away during the real Christmas season, and in Tonga there wasn't any Christmas reminders, so then we came back and like the next week it was Christmas.

Anyway.  It was a really nice Christmas weekend. Like I said, we did a bunch of Christmas' crafts, and Malachi was finally old enough to actually participate in them and enjoy them.  I love google searches, I got so many good ideas for easy stuff to do with them. We made reindeer out of hand and foot prints, did finger print christmas trees, made lolly wreaths, and made some cornflour clay christmas tree decorations that we painted. I got so involved that I actually forgot to take pictures most of the time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On Christmas Eve Eve we did our Traditional Brunton Family Donuts.  It's one of the only Christmas traditions I've carried on from my family, and I love it.  Having to dedicate an entire day to making, cooking and delivering hundreds of donuts to other people, makes you forget about yourself. I love it.

Photobucket


Christmas Eve Malachi got to go and sing at the Immigration Services Annual Christmas Party with kids preschool.  They were so cute, they sang and did the sign language for the national anthem - it made me smile so bad!!  But we were in a rush to get there and I forgot my camera which makes me sad.  That night we had a traditional dinner, Roast Ham and Chicken, roast vegies, a pavaloa, the works. It was my first time cooking a ham, and my fussiest brother declared it was the best ham he's ever eaten.  I wish I'd taken a picture of it.  It was awesome.

Photobucket

Christmas day we let the boys have their stockings (which I made and I'm really proud of), and we had a really yummy pancake breakfast.  Then it was off to church. We waited until after Church to open the presents.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We then spent the rest of the day at my sisters with the rest of the Brunton Bunch and had a good old kiwi BBQ.  The kids did a little nativity play which was way too cute.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Mary and Joseph.
Photobucket
The Inn keeper.
Photobucket
Shepherdess'
Photobucket
Wise men.
Photobucket
Shepherdess sitting on Baby Jesus.
Photobucket

Photobucket


But the whole weekend was made so much more special due to fact that us 5 older siblings chipped in and bought a ticket for our youngest brother to fly up from Wellington to be with us for Christmas.  So it meant we got to take a sibling picture, which we haven't had since.....1998???  This proved to be harder then trying to take a picture of the grandkids.  This was mostly due to sibling # 5 who was testing out some different facial expressions. (I'm tempted to just print one of these and send it to all our family, that'll teach him!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Such an awesome weekend.  Full of family and food, the way it should be. It really was a Merry, Merry Christmas.

Photobucket

No comments: