Monday, May 14, 2012

The blessings of technology

I think we mostly take for granted how amazingly blessed we are to have all these different technologies.  Being in Tonga gives me a tiny taste of how convenient and easy our lives are because of all these modern developments. 
And yesterday I had a taste of how sweet life can be because of them.

Being Mother's day, it was missionary-call-home-day.  And so because Tui's Mum is here, Elder Tafuna called us.  And so I sat and watched my husband and his mother sit here in New Zealand, with Elder Tafuna in California on the landline on speaker phone, with Tui's Dad in Tonga on the cellphone on speakerphone, talking to Tui's brother and sister in Washington on skype.  And for the first time in about 10 years, all 6 of the Tafuna's, parents, brothers and sister, had a conversation. 
It made me smile. 
And made me really grateful for the blessings of technology.

No comments: