Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mmmmmm Chocolate Cake

Ok so I've never posted a recipe before.  But this one is DEFINATELY worth sharing.

I've been going through my Mum's box of recipes, in an effort to make electronic copies of all our family classics.  And I came across this one, a chocolate cake recipe from my great-nana thats (wait for it) eggless and butterless.  Which to me is perfect, because those are the two ingredients I usually find I'm out of and have to borrow from my TVA neighbors.  Well, I don't have any TVA neighbors anymore, so I gotta rough it on my own in the kitchen.  The best part about this cake is, it tastes AMAZING!!  It's super simple (so simple that Tui made it by himself last night).  You will love love love it, I promise.


Eggless Chocolate Cake

2 c Sugar
3 c Flour
5 Tbsp Cocoa
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2/3 c Cooking Oil
1 Tbsp Vanilla
2 Tbsp Vinegar
2 c Cold Water

 
Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another bowl.
Add together and stir well with a fork.
Bake in ungreased pan for 25-30 minutes at 180°C.

1 comment:

S.N.D said...

This looks really easy.I might have to try this one of these days.