Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Welcome Home Elder Brunton


Ok so this is like a month (or more) late, but I'm trying to get caught up before my life gets thrown into a whirlwind and I suffer from insomnia (aka, I have my baby).


So a week or so after Malachi and I returned home to New Zealand, my little brother finished his mission in the Denver Colorado South Mission and made his way back home too.   My sister Jessie flew in a hour before he did to help welcome him home.  I made him a sign the night before, and I have to be honest and say that the purpose was mostly to embarass him.  Although it seemed to embarrass the rest of my family who had to hold it more then it did Richard.

Gate 11, where all the action took place.

Here he comes!

Hugs with his mumma.

Malachi meeting uncle Richard for the first time.  Richard left for his mission a month or so before Malachi was born, so they had never met.

We're missing the two older brothers and me, behind the camera.

Ok, so we don't usually look this cheesey, but we were laughing at Mum who yells out "Wait, I'll hold the sign up behind you!!!"

Home at last.

And then last week our ward had a combined welcome home party for Richard and another Elder who returned a week after him.  It was really touching because Richard didn't leave from this ward, infact he'd never been to this ward, they didn't know him, but they still wanted to make him feel welcome.  It was really nice.

His sign, HAND SEWEN by a lady in our ward who'd never met him.

His cake, made by the Bishop's wife.

Sitting up on his throne, feeling stupid.

The food - Tongan, Samoan, Maori, KFC, I was in heaven!!

Cutting the cake.

Malachi sneaking a bit of the cake.

Brotherly Love.....

Welcome home Elder Brunton.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with your brother in the last picture lolz?

Unknown said...

WOW, you look so alike! Good genes =)