Sunday, September 19, 2010

A little while back

Before our big trip up to Turangi, Hamiton, Auckland etc, I had surgery.  Wasn't so bad.  After care was hell.  Having my dressing changed hurt worse then labor, no doubt.  So we had to consider not going on our trip.  Malachi was already so excited about going to the snow and seeing his cousins that Mum and Dad, bless their hearts, offered to take him instead.  We did end up joining them later, but they took him for the first couple of days.  As part of their road trip, they stopped in at Ohakea, the airforce base that we lived on for 10 years.  I was a little jealous that Malachi got to go there and I didn't.  But it was awesome that he got to experience it all.  Here are some pictures from his little adventure.


In the hangers with some of the helicopters.


Sitting inside the cockpit of one of them - if you know my son, you know how much of a BIG DEAL this was to him.


Driving one of the little carts round the hanger


Ok so this one almost brought me to tears.  This is the playground on the airforce base.  I used to play on this tractor when I was like 8.  I think that's awesome that my son got to play on it too.


On the playground


With mum, if you look to the top left, that house behind the trees is where we lived.


Feeding fish with Grandad, Aunty Amy, Uncle John and Hannah


At the trout farm with the family.

And after this day we joined them and so you've seen all the rest of the photos. 
 I'm so grateful for my parents taking him, he had a blast. 

2 comments:

LANEA said...

He's so cute!!! Btw, I just read your blog about potty training and I L-o-Ld. I'm gonna be an impatient mom I know, because I tried to help my little cousins with potty training and gave up after 3 times :P

LANEA said...

He's so cute!!! Btw, I just read your blog about potty training and I L-o-Ld. I'm gonna be an impatient mom I know, because I tried to help my little cousins with potty training and gave up after 3 times :P