Thursday, November 4, 2010

Confession

Hi.
My name is Sarah.
And I'm a Sugarholic.
I've been addicted my whole life, but the addiction became serious when I moved home to the land of the deliousness.
I am willing to admit my addiction.
I crave sugar, particularly chocolate, from about 10am til about 11pm.
I go insane, sometimes almost litterally, until I can get a fix.
If there's nothing around, I sometimes resort to eating chocolate chips.
Gross.
I often send my husband off on errands to collect some for me, at all hours of the day and night.
It's bad.
Real bad.
And I am willing to admit that I need help.
Fast.
I am sabotaging my weighloss big time.
And my digestive system hates me for it.
So.
I commit, from this day forth, to go on a sugar fast.
Until Christmas Day.
(You didn't really think I could do it forever, did you?!)
For the next 50 days, no obvious, refined sugar shall pass through these lips.
I may die.
But if I don't do it now, I never will.
I know I need a plan.
And here it is.
If When I am tempted, I will drink a glass of water.
If the craving continues I will eat a piece of fruit.
If that isn't enough I will eat a cracker.
If, after all that, I am still going crazy, I will exercise.
Walk, turbo jam, run, air climber.
Something.
After that, it'll be gum.
That's my plan.
And I'm sticking to it.

Here goes nothing.....

10 comments:

Unknown said...

i don't know how much sugar is in peanut butter, but that's a pretty good sub for me when i can't get chocolate right away. put some on a banana or apple. good luck, sarah. you're a better woman than i for this.

Unknown said...

oh, i forgot to add that i drink a small cup of milk after eating the peanut butter to wash it all down. it's yummy.

S.N.D said...

Good luck girl!I heard that chocolates in NZ are to die for. And maybe I should do the same cause like you I am guilty of being addicted to chocolates.

SiOaNa :) said...

STOP EATING MY SUGAR COLLECTION...LMBO.

Brooke said...

BRUNTON!!! I miss you!!!!I've been on a sugar protest for 6 weeks going on 7 while leeyen stuffs her face with red velvet cupcakes from cupcake couture right in front of it!!! love you and miss you heaps!!! Can you message leeyen your number or email me it at brooke.spurrier@gmail.com so we can chat!!!!!

Brooke said...

whats you email so i can add you to my no sugar blog?

Ashleigh said...

i've been off sugar for five days, i was doing well until...dun dun dun...the weekend. i was seriously having withdrawals. BUT it's good for your body and helps lose weight quickly SO i'm staying on the wagon. yay for sugar fasts!

kuaback said...

hahahaha..you are too funny girl..good luck with the sugar fast

Joseph Quillen said...

Is it bad that Lianna and I buy a 5 lbs pound of chocolate chips from Costco just to eat them by the handfulls?

Line said...

wow, til Christmas?! you're my hero. i can only commit for the next two wks--til thanksgiving. i SHOULD do it til christmas cause i am an addict too. i eat chocolate chips too when i don't have a chocolate bar to eat lol. and i love nz chocolate, so even more props to you for doing it while you're there!