Saturday, November 15, 2008

Life - something to think about

There have been 3 things happen this week that have made me seriously take a step back and look at how precious life is.

1 - my neighbor Ester gave birth to a beautiful baby girl
2 - my other neighbor's father passed away suddenly
3 - our ward did a temple weekend (we each did family research and found names to take to the temple. We did the baptisims, inititory, endowments and sealings. I was able to do the work for my great grandmother who i was named after.)

Through all of these events i have come to one conclusion - life is amazing. The way it is given, taken away, and given back again, it's so precious. I'm so blessed to know that life continues beyond the grave, that life doesn't just end in one foul swoop. And after this week i've made a commitment to myself to live better. I shouldn't waste my life away watching season after season of gilmore girls, i need to be doing things, learning things, making the most of the opportunities around me.

So here's to a better life, and a better me!

3 comments:

Greg Dowden said...

Serioulsy! At least watch a better show like Heroes! LOL! This is a great blog Sarah! I concur!

mikensi said...

yeah, quit wastin time w/ gilmore girls! ;) i've actually never seen it.. just "family guy" style. hehe, which was pretty funny. at any rate, i enjoyed this blog. i think we let life get away from us too fast! i've been reading out of the ensign (conference talks) ... always a good way to put yourself back on track!

Anonymous said...

Good on ya. So when do we start the sewing club? Lol