Thursday, December 25, 2008

The best gift ever

Last night, on Christmas Eve I recieved the best gift i could have ever asked for. Even now as i'm writing this my eyes are tearing up. What was it? A phone call.
Let me explain.
I'm a sucker for Family, especially at Christmas. It breaks my heart to be away from my family at this time of year. I'm here in Hawaii, Richard's on his mission in Colorado, Dad lives in Alabama, Mum's in Wellington, the rest are in Hamilton. It's hard.
But yesterday was Christmas day in New Zealand, and Richard got to make his Christmas phone call. Luckily, Dad had just arrived in NZ and they were all at the beach together so when Rich called, they were all there. But what made it even better was my Dad called me from his phone, while rich was ont he other phone, and they put us both on speaker phone so i got to talk to him!! But not just him, everyone. After racking up a $100 bill on dad's cell for making international calls, Jessie rang me from her phone so i could keep listening. My family didn't know, but i was just sitting here crying as i listened to all their voices. It was by far the best thing i could have ever asked for at Christmas.

To my family,
You probably will never realise how much i love you all. I miss you so bad being away from you. I wish i could have been with you for Christmas. You are the most important thing to me.

I love you all.

1 comment:

Daddy B said...

Dear Sarah, it was a joy to hear you and be part of our Christmas. Richard really enjoyed hearing from you. We knew you were tearful as we were. The best Christmas is spent in service and your visit to the old people home was a great act. The donuts looked superb, John made some as well. On my way back to the States now, Summer in NZ is awesome.
Love Dad