Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Family Traditions

There have been quite a few talks from church leaders this year about establishing righteous family traditions. My family had great traditions that helped us feel loved and part of a family.My favourite of Christmas traditions is the Brunton Family Dounuts. In the week leading up to christmas, we would form a production line and pump out hundreds (literally) of home made dounuts that we would then deliver to our friends. It was a great opportunity to spend time together as a family and enjoy the spirit of giving. Originaly my mother was the main worker on this project (some times the only), and over time i've taken it upon myself to lead the pack. Last year, as Tui and i had our first christmas together, we talked about family traditions that we'd like to continue. The Brunton family dounuts was one of them. So last year me and Rebecca Blackmore made the dounuts together. But this year i was brave and made them all myself. Here are a few pictures of the process.


Just starting out

Me and my work

My little helper
The one man production line - not as easy as i thought

Getting nice and crispy

Glazed or sugar-cinnamon?

Malachi is ready to help clean up



The End result - yum!!!!

No comments: