Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Love Box - Country Road, Take Me Home!

This weekend for our date night, we went to the BYUH closing social, country western themed and held at gunstock ranch. We embraced the western vibe (It's Tui's life long dream to become a cowboy anyway, no lies, he really really loves them) and dressed up, compliments of Cowgirl Ashleigh who is plaid's #1 fan (Thanks Ash, you saved me $30 buying a new outfit!).


It was such a fun night, except the dust, the dust wasn't so fun. But it was cool to do something different from the movies/dinner routine.


They had a Mechanical Bull which was so cool. Tui wasn't very keen on it (I guess he just wants to be a walking cowboy) but i sure was.
My stamp to show that I had signed my life away and was ready to ride.


The bull was covered in real fur/skin/whatever bulls are covered in and it was really slippery, but I lasted about 30 seconds.


Tui settled for a stationary bull.


Our cowboy grinds.


I don't know if they planned it this way, but it was a full moon that night, and Tui tried to catch it.

I always knew he looked a little dodgey...


They had a bonfire and we roasted marshmellows and made smores (actually, I made Tui roast the marshmellows coz my face was melting from the giant fire, and then I ate them).


We went on a hayride around the ranch, they had these weird little cows, like mini ones. And we weren't really sitting on hay, it was wood painted to look like hay, and it was super windy (waste of time doing my hair) but it was still fun.


The only downside was the music. I HATE COUNTRY MUSIC!! It pains my ears and makes me crazy. So after we'd done all the activities, we line-danced as long as I could bear it and then headed home. What a great night!

8 comments:

Me said...

Cute!!! Marvin and I should've gone!!! Go cow people lol!!!!

Troy, Tami, Linken and Pierson said...

I'm impressed with the mechanical bull riding!! Sounds like such a fun night. Ahh the things I miss about BYUH...

Unknown said...

30 seconds? Very impressive. I only did one of those once, and I last 8 seconds. I'm definitely made for the city! hahaha!

Line said...

Cool! Tui always wanted to be a cowboy because he's a Tongan fob, lol. All of them want to be cowboys. Hahaha

Sibbett_Ohana said...

How fun!! And wow 30 seconds??? You must be a NZ cowgirl!!!!

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA...a walking Cowboy!!! So what do they use then since horses are "rare", at least alive, in Tonga? lol. No offense to anyone. I'm really jealous that you guys had fun. Next cool event like that...we might make it. Might...

Ashleigh said...

OMG dont ever hate on the country music! I LOVE country music! Lol. Cute outfit btw ;)

Premadasa Family said...

sarah you look so skinny in these pictures...so jealous!!!