Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Oh what a night...

And no, i'm not referring to late december back in 63 (personal joke).
Last night.
Well we have family coming today and so I wanted to make sure that the house was clean and tidy and not smelling funny, so I was on a cleaning rampage which gets me very wired and my body decides that it doesn't need sleep. So after Tui left to go to the library at 9pm, i decided to stay up and watch my precious Gilmore Girls Dvd's. And so I watched, and I watched, and then Tui came home when the library closed at midnight so I came to bed, and I lay there for a little bit, wide awake and decided to go back and watch more Gilmore Girls until I was tired (anyone who's a GG fan knows this is a bad idea, especially when you have more then one season on DVD). So 2 seasons, a bag of lollies and a box of chocolates later at 4am, I was still not tired (probably contributed to by the giant amount of sugar i consumed) but was too lazy to look for the next season so I went off to my room. It was very dark, and as I turned the corner i stepped on something a little warm, kinda small and fleshy. Being a huge CSI fan didn't help because I immediately imagined the horrific scene i would find of dead bodies etc etc. So i turned on the light to find.......Malachi. Asleep on the floor. How he got there I have no idea, why he got there I am equally baffled by, and goodness knows how long he'd been there. But there he was. So i picked him up, put him in his bed and proceeded to lie in bed until about 5am until I finally fell asleep.
7am rolls around, my alarm clock goes off......."Mum.....mum.......MUM" (gotta love that alarm clock) and suddenly, all that chocolate and that extra season didn't seem like such a good idea. Needless to say I'm a mess today.

Oh what a night......

4 comments:

The Ah Quins said...

oh my, that's a lot of sugar but at least you enjoyed it while watching GG :)

D&J Savaiinaea said...

That was me Spring of 2006, 5am each morning I swear watching all the seasons, almost failed 2 classes! Then to add insult when my sister arrived Spring of 2008 we did it again, the marathon, almost failed classes then as well. I feel your joy and your tiredness!! lol...

Unknown said...

I loathe GG.

Anderson Family said...

Yes my family is in AZ well my parents so I am excited for that it's just I really made some good friends here in Washington so this move is a little harder then I thought it would be.