Saturday, December 26, 2009

Our last Hawaii Christmas

It was the probably the most untraditional Christmas I've ever had, but it was nice. We woke up, due to our little alarm clock who never fails to wake us up. Malachi helped me make breakfast (this kid loves helping in the kitchen).


We ate, read the Christmas story again (we'd done it the night before, but it can't hurt to read it again right?), and then let Malachi open his presents. This year he understood how to open the presents, and that there was actually something inside. We had only got him one thing (due to us leaving shopping til the night before Christmas, and there was NOTHING left), but the blessings of coming from a large family, there are always plenty of gifts. He got some cool stuff, his own cutlery set from my Grandparents, some bathsalts that make the bath water different colors from his cousin, a gun from Tui's friend. Just enough to keep the little guy happy.



I had also made him a Santa for his Christmas Candy to be put in. I had one as a kid that my mum had made and I loved it to death. So I made one for Malachi, and he loved it just as much as I used to.

The plan was then to go to the beach with some friends for a BBQ - it was raining. So we had an indoor BBQ. No real Christmasy food - BBQ chicken, hot dogs, Japanese curry, potato salad. But it was good. We then spent the day playing board games, and then headed to the movies to watch 'The Princess and the Frog' which Malachi loved to death. He danced his way through the whole movie. It was a really nice, low key, stress free day. Sad we never actually made it to the beach, but a good day none the less.

No comments: