Monday, August 16, 2010

Turangi vay-kay

When we were little, we used to go to this holiday house that the airforce own in Turangi and go play in the snow.  It was serious family fun time.  I loved it.  So I was super excited for our family, now big and grown and constantly increasing in numbers, to go back there with our new families for a weekend.  We stayed at the same place, all crammed in, and enjoyed 3 days of family madness.  I loved it!  The noise, the mess, the mayhem, I was in heaven.  I've spent so long away from my family while we've lived in Hawaii and it was so good to be able to be immersed in them for a bit, especially the munchkins.  Everyone was there, except for Andrew who had to work.  It was fantastic.

Vili meeting all his Brunton cousins

5 little monkeys jumping on the bed, more then one of them fell off and bonked their head.

Overwhelmed with she-cousins.

Uncle Matt teaching Malachi how a real man relaxes and unwinds.

The man reason for our trip was to bless Viliami, but we also wanted to go to the snow.  It was the first time for all the kids, including malachi (unless you count last year where I stopped on the side of the road, dumped him on a pile of snow, he screamed, I took a picture, and we left.).  So much hype and prep building up to it, we get there, after 15 minutes, the kids are over it, and we go home.  But it was fun while it lasted.  They enjoyed the ski lifts the best I think, and riding on the shuttle bus.  Grandad made a snowman with the kids when we got back to the carpark, just so we could at least say we'd done that.  But I think they're all too little for it.  We might wait until they're 5+ before we go back again.  Viliami did the best out of all of them, sleeping through the whole experience.



Snow fight! (Malachi won of course.)

The snowsuit for Vili was a size 6-9months, so his arms n legs didn't even come half way down.  My family called him a gingerbread man.


The whole gang, with me behind the camera and Richard up in the mountain snowboarding somewhere.

No comments: