Sunday, August 14, 2011

T-minus 4 weeks.....uggggg.....

So the last month of training has been bleh.  I had my cousin come stay and didn't run at all that week because we were so busy.  And then it was the wrong time of the month to be running, and by then, not running for 2 weeks, my cardio dropped  and made running harder (it's like biking up a hill, the second you stop peddaling, you don't stay still, you roll backwards), and then the weather got colder, and thus I got less and less motivated and since then I really have not been running as far or as often as I should.  I've also been having issues with sports bra's and chaffing and now an ankle that isn't right, and it is just sooooooooo cold outside!  But it's all booked and paid for so I'm in it to win it, or lose it I guess.  I think I've started dreading running, feeling like I HAVE  to, and I've lost the drive and motivation that's so important.  When I'm meant to be doing a long run I get to a certain point and I'm just like "I'm bored! I'm going to stop now."  And now my SIL isn't running it anymore coz she's fractured her ankle and so I don't have that push from her, and I've started making excuses for myself again.  It's just a bad place to be in 4 weeks out from the event.
But.
I decided yesterday that I've come too far to let myself stop now.  I've invested too much time and money to just be bleh about it.  (Plus if i stop running I'll have to cut back all the junk I can eat without gaining weight, and I DEFIANTELY don't want to do that!)  So I've recommited to do ALL of my runs for the next 4 weeks.  Even if I walk part of them, I'm going to finish them. I'm going to start physio tomorrow to make sure my ankle is ok.  I think I've sussed the sports bra and chaffing issue.  So no more excuses.  If the 300lb people on The Biggest Loser can run a half marathon then by golly, so can I!

T-minus 4 weeks.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So I'm confused. I thought the marathon already happened? Or was it a test trial?

Line said...

you can do it sarah! i dislike running very much, though, i totally understand not being motivated to do it. but the fact that you've already signed up for the marathon is your motivition, so you hit it!