Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The farma larm

We went with PORSE (the company that I babysit through) to an Alpaca farm.  I thought that Alpaca was just another name for llama, but apparently there are differences.  But I told Malachi that we were going to a llarma farm.  He called Tui at work to ask if he wanted to come, and this is the conversation I heard.

"Daddy, do you want to come to the farma larm?.....to the farma larm?.......to the farma larma?......to the larma farm??? its a farm with larms......like big larms.....larmas......"

He still can't get it right, and it still makes me laugh. :)

It was really weird, in a cool sort of way.  The alpacas are soooooooooo ugly.  Some of them look like those little bears that live in trees on star wars (ewoks?), others look like a cross between a sheep, a giraffe and a camel, and they have the skinniest little legs.  I never heard them make any noise, but they had super soft wool. Tala'i's mum came with us, which was awesome, she's really cool.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids just enjoyed the whole farm experience (Malachi didn't enjoy the dog part so much, as usual.).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know what you're talking about. Those are adorable!!!!! I told the spurs they should have brought me one :D