Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sunday "Do-Box" - Bingo

This has to be Malachi's favourite so far.  We've even used it for FHE.  It's so good. Although I quickly learnt that Malachi did not understand the concept of "3 in a row" - he would just call out Bingo all the time.  We used to have Church Bingo when I was little and I loved it then too.

I just picked random church related pictures, made 6 boards (you gotta make sure that every board has a different combination of pictures or else you'll always get 2 people finishing at the same time), cut up cardboard for the counters to cover the pictures, and away you go.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I realise that none of these games are particularly uplifting, or teach my kids anything about the gospel, but I feel like at least they're being surrounded by good things.  At least their Sabath seems to have a theme, and its not Mickey Mouse or Lightening Macqueen.  You can pretty much take any kids game and change it to be a church game.

2 comments:

Roxanibus said...

I love all your games and activities. I want them ALL! By the way we're going to be home for a really quick visit end of Nov, I would love to get copies of some of your ideas! If possible.

Line said...

awesome, sarah! my goal is to come up with a sunday do-box by christmas, and i am totally stealing all of your ideas. :)