Monday, February 20, 2012

Sad day

I suffered a personal tragedy today.

This is how it all went down.

6.30am - I hear Vili moving around.  A little early for him, but hey, he's cute, what can I do?
6.40am - I hear Vili climbing down from his bed and his little footsteps down the hall (running, always running, I dont know if I've ever seen him walk), and I get ready for my daily morning snuggles.
6.41am - I see Vili run PAST my room
6.42am - I hear "Hi ba-ya (brother)", giggles, laughs, hugs etc.
6.43am - My heart proceeds to break

Every morning for the last 20months I've been the first thing Vili wants. 
Every morning.
Without fail.
Until today.

I have officially lost the spot as #1 in Vili's life.
Malachi takes the lead.
Ouch.
I shouldn't be surprised.  Malachi is a REALLY good brother.
But still...
:(

5 comments:

SiOaNa :) said...

Aaaaaw that's really sad. If it makes u feel any better, my kids hate me, ever since I started working, it has been all about daddy :(

Da Denninghoff's said...

I know how you feel. Actually this just happen last night. My little girl was throwing a tantrum, like a really big one because mommy is trying to wean her from nursing. I held her in my arms while she was crying, trying to sing to her to calm her down. After 15 minutes of crying hysterically, she finally called out for her dad. Mark came in and she immediately stopped crying. I was happy that she finally stopped crying but sad that I wasn't the one that could calm her down.

Ashleigh said...

Awwww, but that's so cute and fun that they love each other so much! That's great :)

Line said...

That is so cute! My favorite thing in the world is to see my kids love each other. I wish Finau would wake Spencer up in the morning and let me sleep. lol

Unknown said...

That is sad but oh so cute! There are going to make the best of friends.