Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Aloha Oe

We had a big feed with all our friends and neighbors to celebrate Tui graduating and us FINALLY leaving Hawaii.  It was so nice to have everyone there.  When you're so far from family, friends become your family, they're there for you, willing to do things that regular friends just don't do.  We love them.  We miss them all.

(Caution - lots and lots of pictures to follow!)

Girlie Girls, and Jonah who's not interested.

The smart ones who sat at the desert table.

The kiddies corner.

Danielle - we came to school at the same time.  I was her secretary in Primary for a while (not sure if I love her or hate her for it) in the BYUH 9th Ward.

The Neads - these little darlings were in Primary with me, and Jace, my little bud, we just have something special.  Such great kids.  And I guess their parents aren't too bad either.

Janelle and Pate Prescott - our camping/board games/late night laugh buddies.

Kasey and Suli Kaufusi - these guys used to hang out at our old place on Sunday nights while they were still single, now they're old and married.

Sioana, Tui & their cousin Ina, Fifita's daughter - I met Ina before I met Tui, through her other cousin Lillian.  Small world, turns out her Mum Fita is Tui's Mum's cousin.

The Tapia's (Leisa-Marie, Chris-the-Korean, Jayden, Keira and Baby Kai) - they lived underneath and one house down from us.  I babysat these little people a bunch the semester before we left, and they're some of Malachi's best little friends.  Sweet little people.

The Taylors (Jennica, Zach, Jackson, Alex and Donnivan) - they lived 2 apartments over from us and I filled in for their nanny for a month this year.  Fun people.  Jackson, despite being 7 years older, was so good to Malachi, playing with him, taking care of him, just a great kid.

Shana and Mone - they were in our old ward, and Mone and Tui were neighbors in the dorms.

Janine and Kelepi Lea, aka Aunty Nini and Uncle Wepi - our last minute babysitters, and some of Malachi's favourite people (NOTE: never play board games with him, he's a cheat!!!)

Little Lisa and Brian Sanders - cute couple, Lisa makes me laugh just looking at her.

Jonah!!!! (somehow we didn't get a picture with his parents)  It took him a while to warm up to me, but him and Malachi are partners in crime.

Isn't she cute?
Brooke and I first met when we slept in the same bed on a history trip in high school (finally I get to tell the story!), we came to school here at the same time, Brooke was one of my bridesmaids, I was one of hers, she "conveniently" moved in next door to us in TVA, and after we moved apartments, she became our RA, I guess I will never be free of her!

Lohi, me and Brooke, following Lohi's Korean influence.

We jumped!

And then we jumped some more (notice how the pregnant lady is one of the highest jumpers.....)

Sarah, Leeyen, me, Lohi, Brooke - all exhausted after trying to haul ourselves up in the air.

The Spurs.
Enough said.

And how could I write about our friends in Hawaii without mentioning Malachi's little nursery buddys?





Malachi absolutely loved his nursery.  He had great teachers and lots of little friends.  Never once did he get upset about having to go, usually he was upset to have to go home.

And these are some of his L-building boys, minus max and Kalvin. He misses them.


As you can see, we have made so many friends in Hawaii that, despite my egarness to leave and go home, we miss so much.  So many stories, so many memories.  What is it they say, what happens in Hawaii stays with you forever......I sure hope so. :)

1 comment:

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Good Luck with everything TAFUNAS!!!