Monday, April 12, 2010

Professional Hunter

After this Easter, Malachi will be a professional egg hunter.  In the space of 12 hours, he attended 3 different egg hunts; one with his friends Mana and "Nani" at Gunstock Ranch (thanks Dest and Kulia for taking him!), one at TVA with all his little BYUH buddies, and the 2nd annual Loblee Hunt, hosted by the Tefan's.  Last year he was more interested in picking up rocks and watch the other kids, but this year he was a machine!  He had a mission and knew just what to do.  Little did he know that after the day was over I was going to throw the rest of his candy away (he's crazy enough without buckets of sugar), but he had so much fun!


Malachi and Kehaulani getting ready to start the hunt.



Vaea hunting for eggs in Malachi's basket.



Malachi taking the eggs back. lol.


The best part was when Malachi discovered that the eggs weren't just cool plastic eggs, they had candy inside!


Aunty Leeyen helped them to make these cute little bags, not nearly big enough for their his loot.


And then it was time for the hunt.


Finding rocks - I guess some things will never change.


The big Kahuna.


Way, way waaaaaaaaaaay too much candy!!


Giving some love for Aunty Leeyen, the organizer of the fun.


And some love for Mana, his little bud.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm... is this payback time? I look so pale in those pics. But we love them (the kids, not the pics). so you'll be back for our 3rd edition?

Anderson Family said...

I love the pictures, When I was there I would help Kyndra Smith with the Eater Egg hunt. I miss it so much. I remember boiling, dying and hiding the some of the Easter eggs it became an Easter tradition when I was there. I wish we were there now so Star could enjoy it too! I am glad you guys were able to enjoy it. I loved Gunstock I worked for Kyndra Smith the whole time I live in Hawaii so I was up there a lot

Troy, Tami, Linken and Pierson said...

Wow Malachi looks like such a little man! Tall and lean and very handsome :)