Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bishop's Museum Adventure

Let me tell you, it was definitely NOT what I was expecting - it was so much fun!! I thought it would be like a museum, museum; glass cases with historical stuff to look at.  But instead it was all hands on exhibits that the kids went crazy about.  We went down with our beloved Houghtons (minus Brian and Emma) this week to spend the afternoon and had a blast.  But I'll let the pictures do the talking.

 
First we went and saw the life/nature exhibits - bugs, volcano's, plants etc.We also went into the planetarium and watched a thing with stars and planets and stuff, long, but interesting.

 

 Then we spent the rest of the time at the circus exhibit.  They had all this stuff from circus' and explained them all scientifically.  Lots of hands on stuff.

 

If you live in Hawaii and haven't been, you need to go, especially if you have kids. 

2 comments:

SiOaNa :) said...

Glad u enjoyed it. I thought it was the most boring place on earth...lol. But that's cos the couple times I went there was during my final history paper, and that was the most frustrating time as a senior in college...lmbo. Guess I need to go there again, cos it won't be for research purpose but for recreational purpose...lol.

Line said...

I haven't been there since going on a field trip in jr high. Or was it elementary? Anyway, I didn't even know they had a section for little kids to play, but I guess that makes sense.

I love how I find out all the cool things Hawaii has to offer through you, someone who didn't even grow up there. So sad, lol. I know more about what there is to do in Utah! Well, now I know I can take Spencer there if we're looking for something to do in Hawaii other than hang out in Laie, haha.