Wednesday, June 9, 2010

40 weeks

Well, here's my 10-weekly pregnancy update.....

I'M STILL PREGNANT!!!!!

I make 40 weeks this week.  And I'm affraid I'm going to see it come and go and still be around to welcome weeks 41 and 42, knowing my luck.  Malachi was 2 weeks overdue.  So I don't have a very good track record.

But in other news.  This has been such a different experience to last time, like day and night.  Here's some examples.

-This time round I'm still sleeping through the night, pretty comfortably - last time I slept 3 hours a night with a million pillows to try and make me feel more comfortable. 
- I pee just as much as a normal person, not every 10 minutes like last time.
- They're worried that this baby is too small, that he's not growing enough and think he'll only be 7lbs full term, as opposed to my 10lb 10oz heavy weight last time.
- This baby has been breech/transverse most of the time - Malachi drop and sat there waiting for me
- I can still eat regular sized meals, last time I'd be full after 3 or 4 bites (probably due to the big baby taking up all the room)
-I can still wear my rings!! Last time I was so swollen by about 5 months I was pushing it to have my wedding rings on, and by 6 months they were a gonner.

I am actually feeling pretty good, all things considering.  I still forget I'm pregnant some times, and wonder why I keep hitting myself with the fridge door. I am DEFINATELY ready for him to come out.  I'm so done.  I feel like I'm just litterally sitting around waiting for him to come, wasting the days away, can't really make plans coz who knows what's going to happen tonight or tomorrow or next monday.  And of course, just like last time, everyone that was due AFTER me, is giving birth BEFORE me and making me CRAZY!!!

In terms of the actual giving birth part, I had looked forward to having a more relaxed, at home as long as possible, natural experience.  But because this little boy can't decide if he's up or down, it looks like I'll be spending the whole time in hospital so they can monitor his position, incase he flips up and becomes breech or whatever.  But either way, ITS TIME TO COME  OUT SON!!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there, girl--I wish I were even pregnant, let alone giving birth any day. Can't wait to see pics of the new little man. =)

S.N.D said...

I am so so excited for you.My gosh it seems that this pregnancy is much better than the last one. I hope I get lucky as you when I am ready to be pregnant for my second.And yes when I was pregnant with Darren I couldn't wear my wedding ring when I hit the 5month mark.I was a little sad.

But I am excited to see the new addition to your family.And I miss seeing you around.

Line said...

Lol i hate it when ppl due after me give birth before me. And two wks late?! Man, you are a TROOPER! This baby still might be big though if you go that late again. I hope for your sake he come sout soon! Good luck!