Thursday, June 17, 2010

Still waiting

Wednesday night at like 9pm my midwife called to say that she'd spoken with the OB and he wanted to induce me, called me an accident waiting to happen, so we were scheduled for 9am the next morning.  So we got everything ready, Mum stayed home from work to be with Malachi, and then at 8.30am I get a call saying that over night there was a sudden boom in people going into labor and that the hospital was full.  Like full full, not a single bed available.  They had girls delivering in all sorts of parts of the hospital.  And since I wasn't an emergency induction, I got bumped.

Gutted.

Then last night my midwife called again to say that the OB was still really nervous about me and wanted me to at least come in for a scan.  So this morning we're off for a scan to confirm that this is a disobedient child who refuses to co-operate.  They'll then assess whether they want to break my water and start this train rolling or not (will also depend on if there are any free beds yet.)

In the mean time, we're still waiting.  Thank goodness for late night shopping last night so I could walk for a few hours where it's warm.

Fingers crossed....

3 comments:

Troy, Tami, Linken and Pierson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Troy, Tami, Linken and Pierson said...

Ok hope this comment works. Sorry that was me above my profile name came up as Test Site for some very odd reason...anyway

We are keeping you and baby in our prayers. Hope you get a bed soon and can't wait to see pics of your new little one!

Line said...

If you were in hawaii you would've given birth already because there would've been free beds. :) I actually never heard of a full hospital before.

Hope you give birth soon!