Friday, October 29, 2010

Big boy

Oh Malachi.
How he makes my life interesting!!

I could write a best seller on the things this kid says.  Kids really do say the darndest things.

"The policeman helps me in my troubles."
"I can't go mimi (pee), I have red.  I'm waiting green for go." 
"Oh, Malachi's awake! I have a gooooood sleep (pronounced shweep)."
 "Oh Mum, the big te (poo) is ready...shhh, here it comes."
"Uncle Andrew is sick and Dr Oz makes him all better."
"No, I can't eat my dinner. My mouth is just (pronounced tjrust) resting."

He's the spongiest of sponges, picks up on every little thing that everyone does and says, good and bad.

He's a bit OCD about things.  Like putting things in a line.  EVERYTHING ends up in a line.


He reads emotion like an expert.  And truly believes a kiss will make anything better.

He loves books, loves to read.


He corrects my pronunciation - just like I correct Daddy's.

"No Mum, it's not sand which, its saaa-nd-which."

His love obsession with cars continues.

 
He likes 'instructing' others to say and do things.  Especially Grandad and Grandma, obedient subjects.

He thinks helping and working is a game, and we play it ALL the time.


He remembers rules, and makes sure that EVERYONE follows them.

(While I'm doing Wii boxing) - "Mummy no fighting, you go time out. Soft hands Mummy. You say sorry."

He loooooves tennis - Grandma Mele would be so proud.  Super coordinated this boy.




 
He understands the concepts of time like soon, later, after, first, once, and uses them against us.

He's learned that things are "silly", and its what he aims to be, all the time. Mostly with hats.



Son, you amaze me every day.
oxo

1 comment:

SiOaNa :) said...

And this is why I try to avoid reading your blog because it makes me just miss him that much more :(