Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hawkes Bay - Day 4

Our last day.  We went back to my aunty's for a BBQ breakfast and to say goodbye to everyone.  Sad to say, but the next time we'll all be together will be for Pop's funeral I imagine.  So I'm glad we got to get together for something happy first.

The men and the barbie.

 I promise he was actually happy to have us there, despite the grouchy face.

 The kiddies playing and making a mess, as they do.

Vili with his other parents.

 All my girl cousins - yes, there's only two of them.

 All my boy cousins - again, only 3.  It's funny to think that on my Dad's side I have 5 cousins, on my Mum's I have about 50.  Guess who the mormons are? :)

 
Me and the birthday girl.
After we said our goodbye, we went back, watched a session of general conference, cleaned up, packed up, said more goodbyes and then off home.

These two weren't much help cleaning up, they just sat there reading car magazines.

It was such a great weekend.  The people, the weather, the food, everything.  And I'm so glad the boys traveled well in the car.  Vili slept the whole 5 hours, waking up once to be feed and look around.  And Malachi talked the whole way there and the whole way back.  I miss my family and love when we get to spend time with them.  I've decided that when I'm rich (hurry up Tui!) I'm going to build this big village of houses in a circle with a playground and pool in the middle and my family will all live in the houses and our kids can play together everyday.  But until then, I'm so grateful for weekends like this.  
Priceless.

2 comments:

SiOaNa :) said...

lol @ guess who the mormons are...ha ha...good one.

Ashleigh said...

You look skinny!