Sunday, July 8, 2012

Adios trainer wheels!

This post is a big fat brag about my awesome little 4 year old.  Today Tui took the trainer wheels off Malachi's bike, just to see how he would do.  Well. That kid hoped on, pushed off, and pedaled himself down the driveway.  First pop!  I'm sure I didn't learn to ride without training wheels til I was 6 or 7. I am constantly amazed by this kid, at what he can do and how hard he tries.  When he got off he said "Mum, are you so proud of me? I'm so proud of me.  I tried my very best and I can do it!!"  It makes me think that sometimes we hold our kids back, by not giving them the oppportunity to try,because we are worried about the mess or wasting our time.  The other day Malachi asked to help me crack the eggs while we were baking.  I never have let him before coz I didn't wanna waste the eggs.  But I must have been in a generous mood coz I let him, and he totally could!  Clever duck. 

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
I love his little tounge sticking out to help him concentrate.
You're so awesome Malachi!!!

1 comment:

Line said...

Wow, good for Malachi! This makes me think that we should probably take the training wheels off our FIVE yr old's bike lol. It just hasn't occurred to us, but I think it's time!