Friday, June 28, 2013

Leilani turns one!

With every child it seems that time moves faster and faster and I struggle to keep up. So here I am posting about my baby girl turning 1. She had a rainbow themed birthday party. My sister plans parties so she was helpful with ideas and making stuff. I try to be as simple as I can because I don't want to look back on the day and just remember how much stress and money and drama went in to the day. I try to do just enough to make my kids feel like they're special, but not too much that mummy turns into a crazy lady. lol
The food was all the colours of the rainbow. I tried to go as healthy as I could, lots of fruit and veg, and it went down a treat with the kids.





I did some face painting for the kids, and considering stick figures are the extent of my artistic abilities, I thought i did pretty good. Mostly they wanted animals (tigers, lions and cats) but Katherine wanted to be a rainbow "because it's a rainbow party!" and Nathan asked for Planets (how cool is that!).





Tui and I made a pinata, as per 1st birthday tradition. The kids love whacking things. It's a little concerning. But so much fun.





 

Lani wasn't sure about opening presents. Luckily her cousins are SUPER helpful and were more then happy to open them for her. Her favourite thing? The wrapping paper of course.

 




I made the cake and my sister decorated it (it works out really nicely coz i like baking but not decorating, and my sister likes to decorate but not to bake = perfect team). I loved it.





 
 
  
 It was a fun morning celebrating this little girl turning one. She's such a sweetheart, and we just love her to pieces.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: