Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Malachi's Marae Trip

This, sadly, was Malachi's last Kindy trip.  And I was glad I was able to go with him.  It's weird, the first trip we went on he looked so small and timid.  Now he's like the biggest kid there, and totally ruled the school.  Makes me a little sad, and a little proud.


As always, the bus ride was the best part of the whole day.  And for once Malachi wasn't paired up with a naughty kid.  He was with this cute little middle eastern kid that happened to be dressed exactly the same as Malachi.  It was awesome.  And he barely spoke english so I didn't ever have to tell him to be quiet.





It was cool for the kids to experience a Powhiri and the whole cultural experience of a Marae. It's something unique about New Zealand and I'm glad they make it a part of their education.
 
 

Malachi thought it was funny to hongi with people so he just shook their hands.





The kids from the kohanga did the cutest little show, and this one kid was hilarious and did the best pukana's I've ever seen.  Then they taught the other kids some songs and dances.


 

 




It was a fun little trip, short and sweet, just the way I like it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: