Sunday, September 22, 2013

Little Lani Lady



Our Lani girl is 16 months now and her personality is really starting to shine.  She is still a snuggle bug, loves hugs and kisses and to sit on your lap and snuggle in bed, way more then either of her brothers ever did.  She does the rounds too, kiss mummy, then daddy, then malachi, the vili, then mummy etc.



Lani is still a little shy.  If someone comes into the room that she doesn't know she's freezes, stands still, and avoids eye contact.  Only with adults though.  If a kid comes over she's as warm as an oven.  She has my primary kids wrapped around her finger.  The only person she doesn't seem to need warming up to is my Mum.  Lani just loves her grandma.  Infact, often she will cling to mum and scream if Tui or I try to take her away.  When Grandma leaves Lani cries and runs after her.  It's so sweet.  She is shy when it comes to talking too.  At home we can't get her to be quiet, but if other people are around she's a mute.  Her vocab is amazing though, much more extensive then the boys was.  Everything now gets a one more description - coming, stop, more, down, out, gone, hiding, lemon, baby, ball, book etc.  And she does a few 2 ''word'' sentances too like ''luv ooo'' or ''more peeeees''.  It makes understanding what she wants so easy.  She also uses her expanding vocab to growl her brothers, all the time.



Now that she's a little older Lani can follow instructions really well.  Things like, go put this in the rubbish, or go get your shoes, or give that to daddy, she just waddles away and does.  If she's hungry she brings me and plate and says "Eat!".  Or I can tell her to go get a bowl or a plate and she does it.  But he doesn't always follow instructions.  Sometimes she just straight up tells me "No!".  Other times if I've told her not to do something she gives me a sly look and very slowly does the thing I told her not too.



Lani is fearless.  She thinks she can do anything her brothers do.  I have heart attacks on a regular basis.  She climbs up on things and tries to jump off (as she's seen Vili do), she sits on the very edge of the table or toybox to dangle her legs (dangerously), or running around the outside mat of the trampoline.  She is currently in the process of learning to jump, and actually get off the ground.  She tries all the time and tells herself "Jump! Jump!"



Lately Lani has become with ''pretty'' things - dresses, skirts, necklaces, hair clips.  She opens her draws and finds a dress then brings it to me saying "Nani. Pretty."  And she cries if you don't put it on her.  She then proceeds to stand in front of everyone individually until they say "Wow, pretty dress Lani."  She brings me the container of hair ties and clips and wants me to put them in her hair every morning.  The whole thing makes me sigh.  I was a tom boy until after high school, so I never did pretty stuff.  Maybe she'll get it all out of her system now and won't want to do it later.....????



Lani loves to draw and play playdough.  She loves playing with water (and I am hanging out waiting for warmer weather so I can actually let her).  She thinks everyone under the age fo 5 is a baby and calls them such.  She runs away from sacrament meeting to the nursery room and screams when we take her out (won't have any issues in 7 weeks when it's time for her to go).  She looooooves watching videos of herself and calling out "Nani! Nani!" (that's what she calls herself). She loves eating grapes.  She's doing an amazing job with a spoon feeding herself.  I love her more the older she gets.
Oxo
  
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: