Friday, February 13, 2009

Free at last....FREE AT LAST!!!!!


Today, just a few wee minutes ago, i finally paid off the last penny owing from Malachi's medical bills from his birth......FINALLY!!!! It's been a long time coming and I'd like to send a special shout out to the IRS for a wonderful tax return that enabled us to finally be able to move all the papers in the "to pay" file into the "PAID" one.

It's been tough, paying off all of these bills. Coming from a country where medical care is free, yes you read that correctly FREE, it baffled me how much it cost us to have a baby. After all i went through, on top of the 20 hour labor, i had to shell out a fair amount of money....doesn't make sense to me. And because Malachi had to spend some extra time in the hospital due to complications, our bills were more then double what everyone's usually are. And because I'm not a citizen, i didn't qualify for Quest insurance.

But that's all behind us now. We are now 100% debt free and can start saving again!! Tui and I are both big believers in saving...Tui's a bigger believer then me.... but any spare dollar has gone to doctors, hospitals, radiologist, pathologists, surgeons.......the list goes on. And now we can start putting some money away for a rainy day....or another baby :)

To some it all up.....

Free at last.....free at last......thank the IRS almighty........WE'RE FREE AT LAST!!!!!

5 comments:

The Ah Quins said...

YAY FOR YOU!!! FELS GOOD TO BE FREE AYE! ITS LIKE A HUGE WEIGHT OFF YOUR SHOULDERS AYE :)

The Ah Quins said...

lol i wrote fels instead of feel

Unknown said...

Oh that's so wonderful!! A BIG congrats you you and Tui. I agree...time for another one!! ;)

S.N.D said...

wow..good job girl...It must have been a really good feeling to be free from debt...My husband I are the same except we are still in debt due to tuition and all that but I know our day will come, when I can say that we're finally free of debt!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! So when is the next baby coming?