Saturday, February 7, 2009

Kids say the darndest things...



So this week I've started tutoring my good friend Caryn Houghton's daughter Chrysanne. She is an amazing kid that i love sooooo much. She has the spark of life that most of us forget about or are too busy to pay attention to. It's been an interesting week, and my views of home schooling and education in general have been heavily altered. I feel so blessed to be firstly, earning some money!!!! and secondly to be a part of helping this special girl learn to love learning.

The other day she was playing with Malachi and was teaching him to do, "This little piggy...", with a little bit of a Chrysanne flare. You have to understand that she is the biggest animal rights activist and doesn't like the idea of eating meat. This is what she said.

"This little piggy went to market,
this little piggy stayed home.
This little piggy had roast beef,
and this little piggy had none coz he's a vegetarian."

That's Chrysanne in a nutshell.

4 comments:

The Houghtons said...

I can't believe I have never read this. What a sweet description of your tutorin time with Chrysanne. We miss you Sarah!

The Houghtons said...

We need to change that profile picture - we look so much better now ;)

Blog said...

I was so cute back then! Darn! Now I'm a stinkin' teenager! But now...I am an outcast of social society. LOL!I even have this Spider-Man face to hide my true face!

Blog said...

Plus, I am still totally like that, and when I'm gonna say a lot, I'm gonna mean A LOT!!! Except back then I was more girly and cute. I think the Spidy picture can show that I've changed from Barbie Dolls to Superheroes with the powers of a misunderstood arachnid. And I am a nutshell!