Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Book club high tea

I have realised that 99% of my photos and blog posts and facebook updates are about my kids.  Which is great, there's so much going on with them that I want to remember and capture.  But I've realised that I no longer capture my own memories.  So I've decided to do more of that, take pictures of me and my friends and things that I do.  And this is one of those posts.

I'm part of a book club.  There's 7 of us, we each put in a book and roate over 7 months each reading the book and talking about it.  (We've done it this way because it's waaaaaaaay cheaper then everyone having to buy every book each time.)  We meet once a month for an evening and eat and talk and talk and talk.  I love going.  It's such a great group of ladies.  We're all so different, which I think is what makes it work so well, makes it interesting.

A few months ago someone decided to have a themed book club night, a high tea. (Well, a Mormon version anyway).  It was so much fun.  We all got to dress up (I was highly disapointed that I had to wear my moon boot which spoiled my outfit) and use fancy plates and have little cakes.  I had a ball.  It was so nice getting all dressed up, I don't do that enough.  I don't have occasion enough for it.  But I'm going to do it more!!!!

  
 
 

A few missing from this photo

Me and my cousin Lisa, who protested the whole thing, so I did her hair and dressed her. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: