Sunday, November 24, 2013

Clever cookie

A few weeks back Malachi's teacher let me know that he would be getting an award at assembly that day (in like 10 minutes time).  I didn't have my camera, and there wasn't enough time to go home and get it, so I rushed to my cousins house and borrowed her dinosaur so I would have some photographic evidence of it.
Every week a kid from each class gets a certificate from the principal for something - good effort in reading, learning lots of spelling words, being a good friend etc etc.
Malachi got his for "Excellent Maths work - you are solving problems accurately and can explain your method."
(I guess Mummy drilling you all the time is paying off!)
I was so stoked for him.  We don't ever praise smarts, only ever effort, coz to me that's what counts a whole lot more.  But I was happy for someone else to do it :)

 
 


Well done my little school boy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: