Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Aloha oe Bishop Hannemann


We're in mourning. Our dear sweet amazing Bishop, Arthur Hannemann has been called to be the President of the BYUH 1st stake. Which means he will be released from his calling as our Bishop of the 5th ward this sunday. What a sad sad day that will be. This last sunday we had a potluck for him and sang Aloha oe and gave leis. I cried. I really really love our Bishop. I know that no one is perfect, but he comes pretty close. Our ward is amazing, because of him. He's so commited and faithful and an amazing example of a bishop, a husband, a father, a friend, he's just amazing. I feel so blessed to have been in his ward. He will be sorely missed.
Here are a few pictures from the potluck.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I met your bishop and he is an awesome person! So sad how awesome people like that come into your life and then stay only for a short time but make a big impact :)

Abi said...

I miss the Hannemanns! and 5th ward! Bishop will be a wonderful stake president. I feel so lucky to have been in his ward when he was bishop. What a huge blessing! We still talk about the Hannemanns and the awesome example they were for us. Give them hugs from us too, okay Sarah? Hope you guys are doing well (your son is adorable by the way)

Tasha said...

aww we will miss the bishop too! and Oliver always rips up that mat too...I don't really mind, but Mike doesn't like that he does. When is the mother's group meeting again? I couldn't make it last time because I had meetings at school, but I really wanna go!!