Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wii

So the last couple of weeks I've been participating in a friends Senior EXS research project involving the wii fit, a video game that claims to help you stay fit. At first i was pretty skeptical - a video game, as a work out? But i signed up and after the first day, i was hooked!! It amazed me how much of a workout i got from a virtual hula hoop.
The wii it's self is amazing, a video game console like no other. For those who aren't familiar, or haven't had the chance to play one, the game works on sensors that pick up your movements and move your character accordingly. Which makes total sense, because my brothers for years would turn their hands like a steering wheel, or jump or duck, but it did nothing for their little character, but now it does!! It truely is amazing.

So... I've been pestering my husband to get me a wii. I really really really want to be able to work out at home because it's just not a happening thing right now. I've tried waking up early, but Malachi is still waking up twice in the night so i need any extra sleep i can get. And then i'm at home with baby all day so going to the gyms a no go. And at night, i feel bad asking Tui to give up a hour of his studying time to watch baby while i go to the gym. So basicly i'm just stuck with my baby weight which i HATE!!

At first Tui flat out told me no, no wii. Can't afford it, waste of time, the usual. But then we got our tax return. It paid off all our bills, got enough into the savings and there seems to be a little left over. Plus i've been babysitting other kids and tutoring to bring in a little extra money, so i deserve it, right?

Well today we went to town and i saw them at costco and i begged and begged but they were sold out anyway. Then we went to walmart and i saw them again and i think tui had some sort of brain lapse or wasn't really paying attention coz HE BOUGHT ME ONE!!! And i love love love it!! My husband may come across as a tough guy, but he's really just a big softie...THANK YOU BABE, I LOVE YOU!!!

Malachi's gotten in on it too. The wii remote is his new favourite thing. If he sees it and you dont give it to him, oh boy, you better watch out! He's also figured out to swing it around like Daddy and every time he gets hold of it he'll stand in front of the TV and swing the remote to play. It's so cute!! I'm pretty sure we'll regret it later when he's a video game junkie like his uncles....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, that Wii looks fun and its working for ya! I can tell! keep it up!!!!