Thursday, March 19, 2009

Barbra Barrington Jones

Last week Barbra Barrington Jones came to the BYUH campus to do a week long conference of seminars etc for the business students to help them once they get out into the job world. But for the first two days she organised sessions for the women in our stake. I went to a couple of them, and they were AMAZING!!! I went to fashion and learnt that i've been dressing like a monkey for the last 22 years, wearing the wrong shapes and colors of clothes. It was so informative, about using lines and all this great stuff. It was like "What not to wear" except she didnt make me feel dumb. I went to a session called, "Knowing what to do in every situation" which was about etiquite. She told us that etiquite is common sense, but not common knowledge. Very true..... we learnt about eating correctly, speaking correctly, interacting correctly. Again, confirming that i've been living like a caveman for my whole life.

Then on sunday she did a fireside for couples and talked about the top 5 needs of a woman and man. She was very very funny and totally to the point. Here are her points.

5 Most Important Needs of a Woman

1. Security
2. Affection
3. Meaningful conversation
4.Honesty and openess
5.Family commitment

5 Most Important Needs of a Man

1.Companionship
2.Sexual fulfilment
3.Attractive Spouse
4.To be admired
5.Domestic support

I wish everyone could have been there to hear what she said. It was inspirational.
So, for all you husbands and wives, make sure you're fulfilling your spouses needs, and the last thing she told us was, If Christ is the center of our lives, nothing will ever go wrong. So true.

5 comments:

kasey kaufusi said...

Man i want someone to tell me what i will look good in and what i need to wear!!! that sounds great!

Unknown said...

I'm sure she didn't mean to make you feel like a monkey :) Awesome tips then. Thx for sharing.

Joseph and Lianna Quillen said...

That sounds like fun =) Glad you enjoyed it!
Also, do you or Tui know how to display a tapa cloth? A family gave one to my father in law, and he wants to do something besides leave it rolled up, but doesn't know what to do.

Miranda said...

ok so this really made me think that I've been asking everybody I work with if these are true and I've gotten an affirmative from everyone. Some change the order but the needs are still the same - genius!

Unknown said...

I shared the fashion tips with my sister Sina and her outfit for the day totally failed! hahaha Thanks for sharing the 5 things from the fireside; I was so sad I missed it.