Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tradition

We've started a new tradition in our family of Tui cooking the meal on Sunday. This was inspired by our Bishop telling the brethern that they need to be cooking at least one meal a week. (Thanks Bishop!). And so Tui has taken on this challenge and has done really well. We've discovered that his cooking really isn't that bad, its a limited palet but its good. So for the last couple of weeks he's cooked for us on Sunday night. He cooks the same meal every week. But not just any meal.....

First, it starts with a pumpkin, he cuts a whole in the top and scoops out the seeds.

Then he cuts up meat, onions and puts them inside and fills it to the top with coconut milk.

Then you cook it for about an hour and a half. The end result is....

And let me tell you, ITS SO GOOD!!! At first when he told me what he was going to make i told him i didnt want him wasting a perfectly good pumpkin. But it really is amazing!! And what a balanced meal, its the most vegetables i can get my husband to eat.

Thanks Tui for making this delish meal for us every sunday. Here's to tradition!!

(sorry i couldnt put any pictures of tui actually making it, he was immodest)

7 comments:

Rachael Aitu said...

That looks SO Yummy!!!!! I wanna try! Bula!! How are you guys? We miss 5th ward! I miss you guys!! Wow, Malachi is SO BIG! & cute!! We r still job hunting & here in California, I wish we can come back to TVA! Love u guys!

Anna K. said...

Yum! That looks way good! hmm...I like your tradition..maybe I will try to start that one in our house too. hehe.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! I gave Marcus big Hints. I'll let you know how it goes. And Tui: good job!

Ashleigh said...

Yay, thanks for the idea. Iasi is now assigned to cook one meal a week :) Tui, that looks yum. Thanks for the idea :)

S.N.D said...

that's cool..my husband makes the meal sometimes, I sometimes feel that he is better than me in making meals...

Kalei said...

Hey sara! I'm doing great! A little tired but doing good. Your baby is soo big! ANd he's such a cutie!

Line said...

What is that?! I've never heard of anything like that. Looks yummy, though. What a good bishop, telling the guys to cook. :) And good job Tui!