Monday, May 11, 2009

My first Mother's Day

This year was my first official Mother's day. Last year I almost made it, but Malachi had different plans and came late. My wonderful husband made sure that my first was a pleasant one, surprising me (when I say 'surprising' I mean that he went and got the stuff the night before, brought it home, told me "Don't look" while he carried it right in front of me, and then 'hid' it in the fridge) with flowers, balloons and..........CHEESECAKE FACTORY CHEESECAKE!!!!


Cheesecake factory is the resturant that we love the most and seen as I'm against going out to dinner on sunday, he brought it here to me!! What a darling!!! It was soooooooo good. All bazillion calories of it. :)


Malachi, with the help of his amazing nursery leaders that we love (yes he goes to nursery. He's only 11 months, but they come and beg us to let them take him, so who am i to say no?), made this cute little card for me. Thank you my son.


The Priesthood at church also gave us each a rose. Sometimes a single rose can mean more then a bunch of flowers. However my flowers were so pretty and smell so good. I'm glad you stole them from that old man Tui.....hahaha

But of course, the best part of my Mother's day is the reason why I'm a mother - my son.


This little boy is the love of my life. He is the greatest blessing i could have ever asked for and I'm grateful every day that I have him as my son. He's so full of love for everyone around him (and I mean EVERYONE, he hugs strangers on the street!!) and has taught me what pure joy feels like. And I love him to death.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute. Lil Malachi...thinking about getting him a helmet for his birthday :)

Troy, Tami, Linken and Pierson said...

That is too funny that Tui told you don't look. The night before I caught Troy writing out my card and trying to hide my gifts too..haha Malachi has changed so much! He looks like a little man now :)