Sunday, May 31, 2009

The end

Yesterday was our last Sunday in the BYUH 5th ward, which meant, time to be released.
I've served as the Education counselor in Relief Society for the last 6 months. When I was called, it was the last thing I wanted. I was happy conducting the music in sacrament, no preparation required. But I have grown to absolutely love my calling and the sisters that I served and just the organization itself. I have really gained a strong testimony of Relief Society and the impact it can have on the lives of the women in the church. I've seen how it blesses people's lives.

But I think that mostly I enjoyed my calling because of the people I served with. Michelle and Francis are amazing, they made me want to do better. I'm so grateful I got the opportunity to serve with them. There are certain people in my life that, if I hadn't been forced to get to know them, I probably wouldn't have. Sure I knew both these people, but having worked with them so closely, they've become very dear friends and I love them both. Lots of late night chats, extended meetings, a bazillion emails, lots of laughs, it was an absolute pleasure working with them. And i'm sure going to miss them :( .


But life goes on, the world keeps spinning and i'm sure there's a nice calling in nursery waiting for me in our next ward.....or a librarian......or assistant birthday coordinator.... :)

No comments: