Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mum

In light of recent events, aka mothers day, I want to tell me mum how much I love her. I called her today and surprised her at work by singing a terrible version of "Mother I love you". As i was singing it, I started choking up, because i realized how much i meant what i was saying.

"Mother I love you, mother I do,
Heavenly Father has sent me to you.
When i am near you, i want to hear you,
singing so softly that you love me too."

My Mother has been an amazing strength in my life. She has always referred to me as her 'diamond in the rough' and told me that it's her job to smooth away my rough exterior to reveal the diamond she knows is in me somewhere :) . And what a job that's been, aye mum!! The day I left for boarding school, she told me something I'll never forget, and she's repeated to me many times since; "Sarah, be my best." Although i haven't always done things to make her proud, I try hard everyday to be her best.


Mum, I hope that I make you proud and that I'm being your best. And if i could be even half the mother that you are, I would be so happy. I am grateful for everything that you've sacrificed for me, so that I can be who I am and where I am today. My whole life I fought you, but as I get older i find myself wanting to be more and more like you. You are such a great friend to me, but more then that, you're a great mother. I love you.

This was the last time I saw my mum, about 6 months ago. :(

Christmas 2006 - I told my Mum that I wanted a phone for Christmas. Her, and her dry sense of humor, she wrapped up a big box, with......a picture of a phone it. Thannks mum.

With my mum and my mother in law

Riding the canoe at PCC

My mum's first visit to see me in Hawaii.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHA at the picture of a phone!! Moms are just so awesome...happy mother's day!

Unknown said...

That's pretty cool. And you do look a lot like her ;)

Anonymous said...

REASONS FOR KNOWING WRONGLY: 1- Unfortunately, Most of human exactly does not know Islam according to Islam. Satan garnished non-islam to Non-Muslims. But Satan disparages Islam with all effort. Some of people has lost its own sense faculties because these people indulge in amusement and comfort in excess. Illegitimate amusement, football, music, secularism and ideologies caused their anaesthetizing. By going through the teachings of Islam, it is clear that such a religion has only come to benefit mankind - not to destroy it. So why is there so much hatred for this noble religion in the West? The answer is simple, the media. It is the Jewish influenced media of the West which has portrayed Islam to be something that it is not. Those are who wanted to deceive human beings, always attack Islam.
2- The most of human approachs with prejudices and pride. They didn’t look up Islam according to Islam. They accepted mind as a measure. Mind is not measure. Measure is Wahy (the revealation of Allah). Qur’an and Sunnah is the measure As Qur’an and Sunnah is revealled from Allah (c.c) to Hadrad Muhammad (pbuh). Wahy is superior from mind. Mind is a favour of Allah and a tool for understanding Islam correctly. Some of men understand that way of life is a great problem. This idea is not valid for Islam. This idea is a conjecture and fictitious. Islam presents Divine Laws that guide all aspects of life by distinguishing right from wrong."
3- Destructive deeds of munafiq ("Munafiq" is that disbeliever who claims to be a Muslim by the tongue but denies Islam at heart). Some of munafiqs and the others distorted the meanings of words. With regret, some people knowingly change translations of Holy Qur’an. This unkind behavior causes that some people can misunderstand Holy Qur’an. Learn Islam from true sources. Islam have illuminated universe. Some people can not understand Qur’an and completely can not profit by Qur’an since they have not belief in hereafter. Belive hereafter acoording to Islam.
Your Ilah(alone worthy of worship) is One Ilah, Allah is alone worthy of worship). But for those who believe not in the Hereafter, their hearts deny (the faith in the Oneness of Allah), and they are proud.(16: 22)
Had We sent down this Qur’an on a mountain, verily, thou wouldst have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder for fear of Allah. Such are the similitudes which We propound to men that they may reflect. (59: 21)
4- Most of men confuses with some meanings of word. For example; the word of Muslim and the word of Islam. Islam is excellent. There is no fault in Islam. Muslim is a Human being. A Human being can mistake. Mistakes, crimes and sins never attribute Islam. There is no a community of representation in Islam. Communities never represent Islam. Muslims must serve Allah with utmost sincerity. Some of men guessed that Islam is the same false way. Islam is not the same false way. Islam is not tasawwuf. Tasawwuf is a false way (tariq) and exlectic structure. This is Bid’ah (innovation) related to belief. Tasawwuf is not existing in Islam. Sadly, the effect of Islam had not showed in Europe in spite of tasawwuf (a mystic way) and Its paths. Islam is never synthesized with any philosophy, any ideology and any opinion. Any philosophy, any ideology and any opinion is never synthhesized Islam. Some of man shows some judgement of Islam to in a false way for seducing. But it is necessary to know that The judgements of Islam and terms of Islam alone belong to Islam. Islam alone a cause to purify myself. Human beings alone can purify with Islam. (see; 80:3 in Qur’an)
Verily, this is My way, leading straight: follow it: follow not (other) paths: they will scatter you about from His (great) path: thus doth He command you. that ye may be righteous. (6:153). It is stated that ‘the other paths’ are ways of bid’ah. Muslim alone belive Islam and not believe Tasawwuf. Muslims alone follow Islam not ways of bid’ah. Muslims rejected all Isms. Musliims alone believe Islam and submit to Islam not Tasawwuf. Muslims never find a way other than Islam (see Verse 3:85).
5- Muslims exactly did not submit Islam with a great sincerity. Most of governments usually did not govern according to Islam. Some Non-Muslim president want to control Muslims and make Muslims in slave for destroying Islam with their all powers. Some imperialist president, missionaries and Zionists exploit for own self benefits wealthes of the countries that Muslims especially lived.
6- The problem of language. Arabic is the language of Islam. Words in the other languages may not express the meanings of words in Arabic exactly. This position may cause understanding Islam wrongly.