Thursday, January 14, 2010

Baby Tafuna # 2 is a ........

On Monday I finally went in for my first OB appointment - at 18 weeks. I think I like this better, the pregnancy seems to have gone by faster because I haven't really been thinking about it a whole lot, no monthly check ups to remind me how fat I'm getting. I'm almost half way there.
So anyway, went in, listened to the heart, thud thud thud. Got to have a look at baby and found out that it's a.....

....baby with it's legs crossed!!!

You can imagine my frustration.

So I went straight out to the office and make another appointment for another scan. This was a battle I was NOT going to lose.

Today we went back for the second scan and baby co-operated completely - thanks partly to the giant piece of cheesecake and freezing cold water I had beforehand. And so we found out that the baby is a.......

........secret!!!

Next week is Tui's birthday and I want to save it for then. I had him leave the room while the doctor revealed the gender to me so he has no idea. The plan is to dye his birthday cake the color of the baby's gender, pink or blue, and so when he cuts into the cake, he'll know. That's the plan. Let's just see if I can keep it a secret for 8 days.... I already blabbed to Malachi, but he promised not to tell anyone.

So watch this space next week to see if your guesses are correct. If you haven't voted, you've still got another 8 days to place your votes.


Excitedly waiting.

Chugging back that cold water.

The spectators.

There's the baby!! (excuse the pasty white stomach)


Malachi and the pictures of the baby.


12 comments:

Karessie said...

tooooo cute!!!! i say...it's a girl :D :D :D

Moran Family said...

Exciting!!!
Hey I just looked at your bucket list. I climbed Chinamans Hat and it is actually quite steep, you might want to do it pretty soon before you get to the unbalanced clumsy stage (it was always pretty early for me) I slid down again on my butt because I was freaked out about toppling over and I wasn't pregnant at the time!

Maverick and Aissa Mitton said...

ow dat is sooooo exciting!

Ashleigh said...

haha hey that is a cute idea :) what's with the whole drinking cold water thing? they told me not to have any caffeine or sweets that morning and to drink like 30 oz of water in the hour before. Which I see as problematic since I have to pee practically every ten minutes.

Christina said...

Wow- I can't imagine waiting 18 weeks to hear the baby!

The cake idea is so cute! I think it's a boy...

S.N.D said...

Oh gosh, I thought I'm gonna find out the gender in this post.I guess I have to wait for another 8days.I am so excited for you guys. And I agree with everything that you said on my blog.Take care

Unknown said...

I enlarged the picture of Malachi + ultrasound: So I know!!! j/k. I guess I'll just rely on Malachi to let it slip. Or you. But I have a lil more faith than your Mom. So I give you 6days.

D&J Savaiinaea said...

YAY!!! Gender!! I bet it is another boy!!! YAY!! Can't wait to find out!

Unknown said...

That was mean, I was totally excited to find out what you're having! haha. Just kidding...I think you're having a...GIRL! Can't wait to see pics of 'the cake' to find out. =)

Jason and Michelle Ellsworth said...

you little Sneak! I love it! So exciting and cant wait to heard the news!

SiOaNa :) said...

I love the cake idea Sarah...but I cannot wait to find out that I'm RIGHT....about IT being a girl...ha ha...but hey if it's a boy, I will still be happy...what's another male added to my life already full of Testosterone (spell check)...lmbo.

April said...

I found your blog, after seeing your comment on Lee Yen's photo site...
But I just had to comment on this post...what a GREAT idea! I am totally going to steal that wil my next one :D
You have such a beautiful family. We are moving from Hawaii in a couple months too, and I am so so sad.