Saturday, January 2, 2010

Brunton Family Christmas Donuts


My family had the tradition growing up that the week before Christmas we would form an assembly line and pump out 300+ homemade donuts, that we would then deliver to our friends, neighbors, and ward members. It was a great way to bring the family together for something other then getting a growling, and helped us selfish santa-lovers to get a taste of how good it is to do something for someone else.

Tui and I decided to keep this tradition in our family, mostly because he loves donuts, and I love what it taught me as a child.

However, Christmas kinda snuck up on us this year and so the donuts didn't get made. Instead, they became new years donuts for 2009.


I had some wonderful help from Janine - not at all versed in the ways of donut making, but she sure can take orders!!


And of course my taste testing team - don't let his face fool you, he's quite a harsh critic.


And before we knew it, they were gone.


I hope our friends enjoyed them. I always enjoy making them for you..... not enough to make them again in the near future though :).

NOTE: Tui wants to have his named mention for his contribution. Tui was the delivery boy. Thank you Tui.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How convenient that we weren't in town. I hope that the anytime soon = next week.

S.N.D said...

how do you make it!I wanna know..looks so yummy.My mouth is watery..

SiOaNa :) said...

Matt Kingston says "mama nummy nummy" ha ha ha :)

Rachael Aitu said...

Yum! Wish we were still your neighbors!! :) Malachi is SO cute! I havn't been in the blog world in so long & he is such a big boy now!! Congrats on being pregnant!!