Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Little Pal

In light of recent events, over the past weeks, and year, I've tried to enrich the time I spend with my son, to make every second of every minute count, because neither he nor I know when that minute will be the last we share in this life. This of course requires patience, something I am deeply lacking, but desperately trying to develop. And as I've been learning to not sweat the small stuff, to laugh when I would yell, I've come to a greater realization and appreciation of how precious these little spirits are. So full of life and love and willingness to learn, over flowing with forgiveness and happy to meet each challenge they face. It's no wonder we're counseled to become like little children, and no mystery why the Savior loves them so deeply. They're the closest thing to perfection on this earth. And we, imperfect big people, can learn alot from these tiny ones.

All seriousness aside, here are some pictures of my adventures of recent with my son. He's such a goof, such a boy, he loves babies and animals, and when he's not throwing a tantrum, he just makes my day.

According to Malachi, you don't need a red suit or a fake beard to be Santa, all you need is a pair of shorts on your head. I heard him giggling and saying "Santa! Santa!". I came into the room to find him looking in the mirror, at himself, aka Santa.


This boy loooooooooooooves to be naked. After every bath he gets wrapped up in a towel, walks out into the lounge, or whereever he can find an audiance, drops the towel and screams. He then proceeds to run around laughing at how funny he is. The cold weather in NZ should solve this for us.


He got some paints for Christmas and so every day we sit down for half and hour and either colour or paint. He loves it, he has a process - "Water, dip dip, tap tap tap, color, paint." He always always shares with me, it's "ma'akai turn.....mummy turn..." Sweet little boy. And so we started Malachi's wall of fame where he gets to display his works of art so daddy can see them when he gets home.


Malachi has a Disney storybook that he got for his birthday last year and in it is the story of Lady and the Tramp, and picture of them doing the thing with the spaghetti. So one day, I have him a "snake" and he gave me one end, put the other in his mouth, and we proceeded to munch away until we kissed at the end - just like his book.


This little guy still loooooooooooooves his bath. Now he's very into bubbles. And he's discovered, with some encouragement from mummy, that he can put them all over his head.


And in the process of playing more and stressing less, I've found that I love my son more and more. He's my little pal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He's getting so big and SO adorable. I used to love Lady and the Tramp and make my siblings do the spaghetti noodle too--only we would break it off right before the actual 'kiss'. haha.

SiOaNa :) said...

I love it. These kids drive us crazy but we cannot live without them :)