Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My favourite P word

Lately I've been taking a lot of pictures; I want to take advantage of all the willing subjects while I can.  
And I have to tell you, it calms me and de-stresses me like you wouldn't believe.  
There is something really peaceful about photography to me.  

I really love it.  

It's different every time, totally unpredictable, and some times the conditions are just out of my control (which in any other circumstances would drive me insane), but for some reason, it invigorates me.  
And I love the satisfaction of looking at the pictures after they're all done and thinking to myself, wow, I did that. I made that. 

It's blissful.

It's almost like giving birth, except a whole lot less painful, but it has that same amazement, that awe in the ability to create.

I've especially been loving maternity pictures as of late.  That could be due to the fact that I'm bias right now, but I really love the beauty of a mother to be, that glow, the bump, the excitement for what's coming, and being able to capture that in a picture.
So amid my craze of passports, packing, travel plans, and pregnancy,  I'm glad there's one P that only ever makes me sigh with relief and not frustration - photography.

PS. I leave in 21 days.  If anyone would like pictures taken (no cost, I'm still a Rookie and can't yet promise anything spectacular), let me know.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I want a camera SO BAD! Lol.

Maybe you should try your hand at nature photography seeing as there's SO much to capture around here.

xo

SiOaNa :) said...

That's a great idea Ash. Try nature Sarah :) And if/when I come, you might feel differently about the "P" word by the end....lol ;)