Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Tiga"

No, I'm not talking about Winnie the Pooh's friend, I'm talking about one of Malachi's all time favourite things ever - Diggers.  I have tried really hard not to instigate gender stereotypes (boys = trucks, girls = dolls etc), and in fact, Malachi loves dolls.  But this boy is a petrol-head through and through.  He can spot a truck, a bus, a car, a digger, an airplane, a helicopter, a mile away.  He loooooooves them.

There have been a few diggers at the front of BYUH this past week doing some road work so we took him out there to look at them.  He was so excited, I wish I had my video camera with me.  It was like Christmas for him (probably better then Christmas).







4 comments:

Er Bear said...

I was just getting on your blog to ask if you wouldn't mind taking pictures of my new little guy and maybe some of Bria too before we take off... then I read your post below and it made me really happy!! Let me know if you have time, I know that you are one busy lady:) I saw the pics you took of Jess and they look great!

Anonymous said...

Hmm... to me Tui is the one having the most fun!!!

Line said...

Sarah, what the heck is a digger? In America, they're called tractors, buahaha JK!

Spencer loves car, trucks, airplanes, etc., too. And unlike you, his dad is all about enforcing the gender stereotypes. No son of Saia's is ever to play with a doll! Lol

Moran Family said...

Actually in America it is called a back hoe, or less commonly although recognized, a digger! A tractor is an entirely different can of beans. Sorry Sarah, just had to clear that up... I plan on teaching my son it is a digger too.