Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Berry Picking

Boxing day we went out to a berry farm to pick up some berries.  Mum tells me I did this as a child but I have no memory of it.  It was such a good activity.  We paid $3 each for over 5's, got to eat as many as you wanted while picking, and then could bring others to be weighed and bought.  They had strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and boysenberries.  The strawberries were the most amazing thing I had ever tasted! So sweet and juicy.  I don't know if I can eat supermarket berries any more.  I probably ate about 40 along the way.  Well worth my entry fee.  And it was so cool for the kids to see how the berries grew and to be able to harvest their own.  And Lani, our berry queen, was in HEAVEN!  She ate more berries then the rest of us combined.  We could not have picked a better outing for her.

  
 
 
  
 
  
 
  
  
  
 

Afterwards we had icecreams at their cafe.  They use the fresh berries and mix them into the icecream right in front of you.  It was amazing.  This has got to be one of our favourite summer activities so far.
  
Posted by Picasa

No comments: