Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Nana's 80th





My Nana is my Dad's Mum.  After my Pop's funeral last year, this was the first time our family had gotten together, and I sure was glad it was a celebratory occasion this time.
It was a semi-surprise party.  She knew she was coming to have lunch for her birthday, but she thought it was with just my dad and few of us grandkids.  Little did she know that ALL of us grandchildren, and about 50 of her dearest friends were there.  Nana HATES surprises, and we knew we were going to get a growling once she found out we'd been lying to her (she gave me a smack on the behind), but me and Jessie decided it was worth the risk.


Party Planners!!

Once she got over the shock of us all being there, she then was surprised by her brother from australia, which totally took her breath away.  It was awesome to watch.

 


The great-grandchildren sang for Nana, which made her cry.  They sang a couple of songs, including ''You are my sunshine'' which is Nana's favourite song.  She told me later that their singing was the best present we could have ever given her.



   
My sister and I made the cake which went down a treat.
  

I'm so grateful my children get to have a relationship with my Nana, their great-Nana.  She's such a wonderful person, and they love her to pieces.



It really was just a great day of celebrating a great lady.  Although not a member of our church, my Nana is one of the most Christ-like people I know, always giving, always thinking of others, always doing what she believes is right.  It was nice doing something special for someone who has spent her whole life doing things for us.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: