Saturday, April 23, 2011

Auckland Day Trip - 2

So after the zoo we navigated our way into town to the Sky Tower.  (Note to self and all: Never move to auckland unless you enjoy oneway streets, confusing motorways, and being lost in general!)  I've been to it before, and so has Tui, but never inside.  Malachi was super excited about going in the big tower, until he saw the glass platform, then he lost the plot and freaked out.  He wouldn't go anywhere near the windows.  Vili thought it was great! (I feel bad for the cleaners that had to get rid of the handprints and slobber my baby left all over the glass.)  I don't think it was worth $30 per person (thank goodness for coupons!), but was very cool.  Good way to see all of Auckland.

Photobucket

Photobucket

In the elevator going up, which went up 50 floors in like 20 seconds - very fast!

Photobucket

The view from the top.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



This glass was 30cm (I think that's like 12inches??) thick.  But it was so trippy to stand on!! And even though I KNEW it was safe, I still hesitated. Malachi freaked out. Vili loved that he could see the cars beneath him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Leaning on the glass was a bit of a push.  Tui wouldn't do it.  I only did it to make him feel stink. Lol. The photos dont do it justice.  I was like lying on a wall of glass leaning over the city. Crazy.

Photobucket

The very best part of the day was going to see my Grandparents.  My Pop is coming to the end of his mortal adventure, so it was nice to see him, and to give my Nana a big hug.   The boys love them.

Photobucket

3 comments:

SiOaNa :) said...

hey the Auckland Tower is like the Seattle Spaceneedle...well minus all the glass floor...man that would totally freak me out...I'm scared of height. When we go up the needle, my eyes are shut during the elevator ride and when we're at the top I'm glued to the wall. LOL.

and I thought my hubby had nasty feet....lol.

kuaback said...

OMG..Sarah the boys are so grown and so cute...gosh they grow too fast..I'm glad you guys are having a funtabulous time in NZ..wish we were coming down soon..i'm craving then fish and chips wrapped in newspaper and of course the usual meat pies and the cadburry chocs...yum

Jason and Michelle Ellsworth said...

Sarah, you look hot. and your little guys are growing up so quickly!! They are adorable!