Sunday, May 1, 2011

Joseph

So this week we have started looking after Joseph.  His family are refugees from Colombia.  He speaks mostly spanish, a little english, and he is just an awesome kid.  His mum is going to school to learn english, so he's going to be coming to play with us for a few hours every day.  Although I'm glad we can help Luz out, the real reason for him coming is so that the money can help to pay for Malachi to go to a Montesorri Preschool, starting June.  In NZ preschool, and all school, is free.  But ever since I visiteda  Montesorri school, I've been impressed that it's the place Malachi could really thrive.  I could go on forever about it, but I'll just say that I'm hoping it will help him develop a self-directed motivation to learn that will set him up for life. And Joseph is going to help fund that.

Photobucket

So he'll be part of many of our posts, in all our pictures I guess.  Malachi had loved having him come, someone big enough to play soccer with.  His family aren't members so I'm hoping we can teach them a little about eternal families too, coz who doesn't wanna know about that?!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was kinda wondering about that "random" kid. Hahaha. Aww... how cool. Especially when they'll be both old and see pics of them "hanging out" at that young age :)

SiOaNa :) said...

Malachi must really love having another boy around his age...that's totally cool :)